1. When reusing the same city setting in three different short stories, it is maybe a good idea to actually make a list of relevant geographical features, local forms of government and visible landmarks. Just maybe.
2. Wow, some of these unfinished stories are years and years old. I have a trunk with junk in!
3. Grapes are an utterly fantastic dinner.
4. Past-me was actually really good at keeping notes on stories she wanted to tell. The problem is that they’re not necessarily good notes, and present me is really working to figure out what a king-spider is.
5. You can actually feel a click when you’re ready to come back to writing from a long hiatus. Ignoring the irritation with how long I’ve been away, it feels quite good.